Rev.Fr. Peter Debo
Rev.Fr. Felix Epima
The Department of the Doctrine of faith assists the Bishop and pastoral agents in promoting and safe guarding the teaching of Catholic Church in matters of faith and morals.
At universal level, it's the oldest of the Nine Curia's Congregation founded by Pope Paul the III in 1952.
It has four commissions;
1. Pontifical Commission (Eclesia Dei)
2. Pontifical Biblical Commission
3. International Theological Commission
4. Commission for Catechism of the Catholic Church
At Uganda Episcopal Conference, The Members of the Doctrine Commission are;
1. Bishop Sabino Ocan Odoki-Chairman
2. Arch Bishop Emmanuel Obbo-Vice Chairman
At departmental level, Fr. Peter Debo is the National Excutive Secretary, Fr. Felix Epima is the Diocesan Excutive Secretary appointed effective January 1st 2020.
To implement Christ's Command " to evangelize all people" (Cfr Mt 28:19-20) according to Christian values especially from Roman Catholic Perspective.
A community truly living according to the teaching of the Roaman Catholic Church
1. Respect for human dignity
2. Authentic Roman Catholic Doctrine and practice of faith
3. Authentic Roman Catholic morality
Sincere adherence to Authentic Devine Teaching
To discern ideologies that favor or oppose Roman Catholic Faith and Morals so as to guide and teach people authentic Faith and Morals and promote human diginity and human rights.
P.O. Box 135 ,
Tel: +256 774 526 198